Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Starting 2020 with Job.....

I really wanted to start with Psalms.

Just because I'm copying the bible doesn't mean I have to do it in any particular order.  I could do it like it's written and start with Genesis...  but then I'll be writing Leviticus in March.  Then Numbers and Deuteronomy.  I'm just not ready for that this year. 

*****

A quick search of the interwebs reminded me that Psalms is one of the poetry or wisdom books along with Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon AND Job.  So my occasional OCD won't let me start with Psalms if Job is the first one in that group.



In 2019, I wrote the new testament.  242 pages long, with 260 chapters in 27 books.  That's with my NLT Premium Slimline Reference Edition - Large Print.  Your mileage may vary.

My old testament is saying 775 pages long, with 929 chapters in 39 books.   That's a LOT more words to write. 

If I start at Job, that's 361 pages in 2020 and 414 pages in 2021.  Makes my hand cramp just thinking about it. 

And if you don't really like math, your brain may be cramping with all those numbers.   Just know this.... the old testament is 3 times longer than the new testament.  3 times more writing than what I have already done. 

3 times more notebooks, 3 times more pens and 3 times more time. 

Sounds like a plan.  




-  Jenn Pete

Writing the Word.
Everyday.
ModernDayScribe










No comments:

Post a Comment