Wednesday, January 8, 2020

I'll take Felix for 500, Alex.

New Year's Eve we were playing a trivia game at a friends house.  It's a real fancy Jeopardy set up with 5 people on each team and little paddle to buzz in first.   Amantha, one of my daughters, is AMAZINGLY FAST on the draw.  It's terribly annoying playing with her.  Even if you are on her team.  She knows the answers and she hits the button fast.  Almost every time.  So frustrating.

Anyway, proud mom moment aside.

One of the questions was about my frenemy Paul and who was the person in power when he was in prison.   There were some bibley words involved... like governor, Caesarea,  province, hearing.  

The point I'm trying to make is this.  From the deep recesses of my brain, a name filtered up.  A name I had written 3 or 4 months ago when I was so frustrated with Paul and I kept getting angrier and angrier as I wrote... Felix. 

"I think it was Felix." 

And it was. 

The answer was Felix. 


I had copied down Acts 23, along with 259 other chapters (to be exact) in 2019. In a random moment, on the last day of the year, the last day of the decade, it came back to me.  And if you know me, I don't always have the best memory.    

*******

Felix  means happy, prosperous, lucky or successful. 

I'll take that word, Lord.  Might be my word for 2020... or my word for the whole 20s decade.

Now, the fact that we didn't get a point for my fabulous answer didn't deter me from using Felix as the answer to a number of other questions.  Or pointing out that I really needed a point for remembering Felix.  

They eventually caved and gave me a point.  I think I even whined about it enough to get a second point.  Didn't matter anyway.  Amantha wasn't on my team.  I'll take my pity points all the way to the losers bank.

But who's the real winner here?  I think we all know it's me!

-  Jenn Pete

Writing the Word.
Everyday.
ModernDayScribe



No comments:

Post a Comment